Thank you so much to BookBum for tagging me in this, I can’t recommend her blog enough! I loved the questions you made, they were so much fun.
The questions in this tag weren’t necessarily book oriented, but Zuky (PLEASE, correct me if that’s not your name, I just feel weird writing BookBum constantly haha) made them bookish, so I am going to continue in her footsteps.
HERE ARE THE RULES:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they set you
- Pick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)
- Give them 11 questions
1. A genre you want to try and read more of in 2017?
Definitely SciFi. I really want to get into it, I love SciFi movies, but I think I only read one or two SciFi books. And actually, I am going to work on that and I just got a perfect book for it. But more on that in a post that’s coming soon!
2. One really hyped book you know you will NEVER read?
Um, any Sarah J. Maas book. Please don’t hate me, I just did not like Throne of Glass and I had problems with it on so many levels. So I won’t read A Court of Thorns and Roses or any other Throne of Glass ever. But I totally respect that they are other people’s faves. Just not for me.
3. A book you’ve been meaning to read for ages?
Gosh there are so many. I’m gonna go with The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This has been sitting on my shelf for over a year (and that’s not standard for me, I buy a book, and I immediately read it), but I’ve been meaning to read it for much longer. I think it’s gonna be amazing and I am bound to like it, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
4. Favourite bookish quote?
“My words are unerring tools of
destruction, and I’ve come unequipped with the ability to disarm them.”
― Maggie Stiefvater,
I adore everything Maggie writes and every single sentence in The Raven Boys is absolute perfection, as the above suggests.
5. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Harry Potter, duh. I would reread any of those books for the rest of my life and I would not be mad about it. My favorite book in the series is Deathly Hallows, which I know is not the usual answer, but there it is. I would reread that all day.
6. The last book to make you cry/overly emotional?
I am not a really big crier. Not just to books, but in real life as well. But the last one that made me tear up was Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. There’s a thing that happens there which I was beyond sad about.
7. An author you’ve tried and tried to get into, but just can’t?
I can’t really pinpoint one author that I tried to get into multiple times, but couldn’t. One that comes to mind is Marissa Meyer. I just find the whole Lunar Chronicles series really underwhelming. Just again, not for me.
8. Favourite book cover?
This is the most beautiful cover ever. I adore it. It makes me want to go pick up the book right this instant. I still haven’t read it though.
9. What is your reading goal this year and are you feeling positive about it?
My reading goal this year is 90 books! Feeling super pumped about it. I’m sure that when UNI kicks into high gear again I’ll be feeling less self-assured.
10. Least favourite book of 2016?
Probably Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. On top of it just being bad, it had a gross misrepresentation of mental illness, which is a topic near and dear to me, and I can’t handle when books don’t get it right.
11. What would be your dream career?
I’d like to be a psychologist, in any shape or form, but I’d prefer it to be in a scientific field, doing research and stuff. I am working towards that! Oh, and a random dream career – astronaut. That would be super awesome.
- What is one of your auto-buy authors?
- Which three books would you take with you to a deserted island?
- What’s your most hated character of all time?
- How about your favorite character of all time?
- What’s your favorite short book thing (as in a poem, or a short story or any other form of shorter literary thing) ?
- What’s your favorite series of all time?
- How about your least favorite?
- What book would you like to be made into a TV show?
- What book would you recommend to a non reader (a person who doesn’t read a lot or doesn’t like reading)?
- If you were to write a book, what genre would it be?
- Make a book mash up! Pick a hero, a sidekick and a villain, but make them all from different books.
No pressure to do it, just let me know if you do, I’d love to see your answers!