Back at it again.
I did a backlist TBR last year, and managed to read 1 (one) book off of that backlist TBR so naturally, I am gonna do this post again, because I never learn. Hopefully, this year I can read AT LEAST two off the list, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for me, a sorry excuse for an organized person. There are some new books on this list, and some duplicates from the year before. There’s once again 12 books, one for each month and someone needs to hold me accountable to read them. Let’s talk books.
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson — One of the two Sanderson’s on my list and one I am super excited to get to. I love Sanderson’s worlds and magic systems, and this one supposedly has a really cool magic system focused on color. Exciting!
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller — Also one of the two Miller’s on my list and one I am ashamed I haven’t read still, especially because all my friends love and adore it and want me to read it.
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin — I don’t know why I haven’t read this one yet since it’s a female-focused Adult Fantasy that everyone and their mother has told me to read. I WILL DO IT IN 2020, watch me.
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante — I’ve had this book for a shameful amount of time, and still haven’t read it. I will love it, for sure, because it’s about female friendships, so I don’t see why I haven’t read it yet.
- Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch — It’s been years since I read The Lies of Locke Lamora, and it’s one of my favorite books of all time, but I never continued on with the series and I NEED to do it.
- Dress Codes for Small Towns by Courtney Stevens — Small towns and friend groups are two of my favorite things so I have no idea how I haven’t read this yet.
- Circe by Madeline Miller — The other Miller on the list, which I am desperate to read but I never seem to pick it up. NO MORE.
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson — And the other Sanderson on the list. I have no idea why I never continued on with The Stormlight Archive when it ended on such a HIGH note. I am useless but here’s to trying not to be in 2020.
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead — I started this one and liked what I read but then I never finished it? 2020, make it happen.
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo — I know this one just came out, but I have a bad habit of not reading books for ages if I don’t read them immediately upon release, and I really want to read Ninth House.
- The People in the Trees by Hanya Yanagihara — Yanagihara wrote my favorite novel of all time and yet I never read her other book. Blasphemy, which we are correcting in 2020.
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss — Like many others on this list, The Wise Man’s Fear is a sequel to a book I loved and never got around to continuing on with. I will do it in 2020.
And those are the books on my 2020 backlist TBR! I would love to hear from you — have you read any of these? What are some books on your backlist TBR? Let me know!
Come hang out with me: