Let’s talk music.
As you may know, I love music and I love sharing my love of music with you all (I do it all the time in my favorites and I make playlists for my favorite books). So when my lovely friend Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts (who you should follow because she is absolutely amazing) tagged me in this (just a couple of hours ago), I decided that a good time to do this is now. I don’t like doing posts during the weekend, but this might be fun to do, so let’s.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share one of your favorite song/lyrics one at a time for three days.
- Nominate three other bloggers each day.
We are obviously gonna do it a bit differently since I am a rebel. I am gonna tell you about one of my favorite songs and then I am gonna give you books that match that song because this is a book blog. So sit back and away we go.
fun. – Some Nights
“Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights I wish they’d just fall off”
I honestly love this song a lot and to me it’s all about frustration. About growing up and not knowing who you are and where exactly you fit in. If you think about it, that’s the exact formula of YA – the coming of age story and the frustration of not knowing where you’re going exactly and how that’s okay. So here are my favorite YA contemporaries to match this song!
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – first time I really saw myself in a book, it’s about fandom and finding your place and growing out of your comfort zone
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen – my favorite YA contemporary of all time, again about coming to terms with who you really are
- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills – about friendship and growing and love and it’s amazing (more on it here)
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – again, friendship, coming to terms with yourself, the frustration of high school etc. Basically all the good stuff (more on it here)
And that’s one of my favorite songs matched to some of my favorite books! Hope you liked this and the twist I gave it.
Feel no pressure to do this, but I either love your music taste (ELISE!!!) or I really want to see what you love listening to. Also, you can do this with books like I did (and the clearly superior way) or do it like it’s supposed to be done, just sharing songs!
Hope you had fun with this and tell me your favorite songs in the comments below, please and thank you!
Come hang out with me: