Another month, another favorites post.
I am honestly scared by how fast this year is going by. I am also scared by the fact that studying has crept back up on me, and I have zero free time again. But let’s talk some positive things and let’s talk favorites.
This has been an all-around crappy reading year and this month was no different. Mediocre-ness everywhere. Although, I did read a book I really loved this month and that’s a success! Book of the month goes to The Psychology of Time Travel. This book really surprised me, in a good way. It’s a great mix of sci fi, mystery and feminism and I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. If you would like to know more of my thoughts, you can find them here. I also really enjoyed Dr Strange Beard (which is a romance, and that says a lot about my reading month) and I have a full series review for that over here. Good stuff.
Of course it’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Of course it is. I absolutely loved this movie. It was beyond cute, beyond heartwarming and Noah Centineo and Lana Condor are treasures. Especially Noah. Moreover, this is the Netflix teen rom com WE DESERVED. None of that The Kissing Booth or god forbid Insatiable things. We need all Netflix teen movies/tv shows to be like TATBILB. And now I am gonna go rewatch and you should too, my friends.
Favorite TV Shows
I have finally watched the sixth season of Orange is the New Black and I loved it. This show has been consistently good to me. I tend to dislike certain seasons as the show goes on, but I have seriously enjoyed all of the seasons. I adore the characters (except Piper, who is incredibly annoying but I think that’s on purpose) and I just always enjoy the plot a lot. So it was great. Moreover, the show keeps doing a lot of amazing things and I really love it. You should definitely watch it. ALSO, I started watching MTV’s The Challenge again and it’s so trashy I love and live for it. Tell me I am not alone in this.
Liam Payne’s EP First Time is honestly such an all-around bop. I love all four of the songs, and I have listened to it so many times it’s embarrassing. Fall Out Boy has new music out as well and I love them. ALSO, Sweetener. We love and we stan. OH and my faves, The 1975 have a new song out and it sounds like their old stuff and I am in love. It’s been a great month for music.
I think this has been my best month for views, likes, comments and blogging in general, so thank you all for that so much. I think my favorite post of the month was either my Sansa Stark reading list or my Book vs Movie Battle for To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I am really proud of those two posts.
As for other people’s content, I will refer you first and foremost to my Favorite Bloggers post as a forever recommendation, but as for individual posts, here are some great ones (there’s a lot this month, because you’re all too good at this):
- Rachel @ Pace, Amore, Libri reviews Ottessa Moshfegh’s My Year of Rest and Relaxation and it’s really great
- Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction reviews The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy AND does a really cool post where she matches her favorite bloggers to some books and it’s GLORIOUS
- Etinosa @ Uwadis talks about amazing upcoming releases from Nigerian authors
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd does another of her Classing Coupling posts with Romeo and Juliet and The Hunger Games
- Melanie @ Mel to the Any reviews Fence and it’s an amazing review of a great comic
- Elise @ The Bookish Actress talks about 10 books that describe her AND she talks about redemption arcs
- Janel @ Keeper of Pages reviews Our Kind of Cruelty and it’s my fave review ever
- May @ Forever and Everly talks about ARCs and privilege
- Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts reviews P.S. I Still Love You and does The Social Media Tag
- Marta @ The Cursed Books talks about ARCs, especially when you’re an international blogger and it’s amazing
And that’s it for favorites this month! Crappy reading, great otherwise. Also, September is going to be a hell fire so at least this was awesome. Tell me all about your August favorites in the comments!
Come hang out with me:
*Used Book Depository links are affiliate links which means I get a small commission if you buy a book through my link, which helps me out a lot!