Every year I set up a backlist TBR of the top priority backlist books from my TBR that I must get to during the year. Every year I massively fail at this but this year will be different. Why you ask? Well, because I know that I have to be entertained at all times, so I am introducing a wheel of fortune! That sounds dramatic, but at the beginning of every month I am gonna spin a wheel on my niffty wheel app and that will decide which of the books from this list I will be reading during that month. Hopefully, that helps with my utter lack to keep up with a TBR. Let’s talk about the books!
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – I’ve had this on my TBR for ages, and last year I planned to get to it, but read Circe instead.
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – This feels like a staple Fantasy series that the booktube/book twitter community adores, and is one I have been recommended so many times, so I am excited to finally get started on it.
- Knight’s Shadow by Sebastien de Castell – I read the first book in the series, Traitor’s Blade, a few years back and it was one of my favorite books that year. I’ve been terrible at keeping up with series (hence a lot of sequels on this list) but hopefully I can get to this one finally because this series is just so much fun.
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss – Same as with Knight’s Shadow, I loved The Name of the Wind, so I am really looking forward to getting caught up with the series and who knows, we might even get the final book in this series sometime soon.
- Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch – If you have not read The Lies of Locke Lamora yet, I could not recommend it more and hopefully I can finally get on with the series this year, after loving the first book so much.
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers – This book has been on my TBR for ages, and I am really excited to get to it. I’ve been recommended this one every time I ask for books to get me into Science Fiction, plus I got a physical copy of it as a gift, so I have no more excuses for not reading it.
- Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake – This is a book I’ve been meaning to get to for ages, and it’s one of the two YAs on this list so I hope I will be able to get to it.
- Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli – This book intrigues me to no end, and it’s been on my TBR for ages. I am very much looking forward to picking it up and seeing if I fall into the camp of those who love it or hate it.
- Ghost Wall by Sarah Moss – I think Rachel recommended this one to me at some point, and I think the premise is super intriguing, so I am looking forward to it.
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White – I am obsessed with the legend of king Arthur, and I really love retellings of it, so I am looking forward to finally getting to this one.
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante – I am quite looking forward to finally reading a Ferrante novel, especially since I’ve had this book for so long.
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang – Finally, The Vegetarian is one I have to get to this year because I’ve had this book for so long and because it seems that everyone has read it, so I would very much like to be in the known.
I would love to hear from you! Tell me what are some backlist books you’d like to get to this year?
In the meantime, happy reading
* If you want to buy any of the books I talked about, you can use my Bookshop affiliate link if you’re in the USA! You buy a book and support local bookstores, and I get a small commission! Even if you do not want to use my own affiliate link, I would still recommend using Bookshop.org since a lot of independent bookstores are struggling and this is a nice way to help them out. You can even find your favorite local bookstore and support them directly!
Come hang out with me: